Recreation & Family Activities in Danville CA
No matter what age you are or whatever time of the year it is, you can be sure that there’s always some exciting event or celebration happening inDanville. The town’s Recreation Services department is among the best in the region and provides great service and enjoyable activities and programs to the town’s residents. In addition to this, there’s a huge assortment of activities to partake in and many places to visit in and around Danville if you’re looking for something to do during the weekend.
Here’s an overview of the places to go and things to do inthe area:
- If you’re looking to play sports, there are a number of organized sports leagues that cater to the youth and adults. There are leagues for baseball, softball, lacrosse, football, rugby, and soccer.
- Summer is an excellent time to have a picnic at one of Danville’s many scenic parks, which typically have play areas, picnic tables, barbecue grills, and plenty of grassy open spaces.
- There are miles of winding paths around Danville that are perfect for hikers, strollers, joggers, bikers and skaters. The Iron Horse Trail, which used to be the right-of-way of the Southern Pacific Railroad, is one of its most popular trails.
- Danville is home to excellent restaurants. There’s an amazing assortment of culinary choices around town, perfect for a romantic date or eating out with friends and family.
- Want to go shopping? Downtown Danville offers an awesome selection of shops in addition to art galleries, restaurants, spas and salons.
- Get the season’s freshest fruits and vegetables directly from the farmers at Danville’s Farmers’ Market.It’s held every Saturday at Railroad & Prospect Avenue, and is open rain or shine, throughout the year.
- Drop by the Eugene O’Neill National Historic Site and see Tao House, the preserved home of the country’s only Nobel Prize-winning playwright, Eugene O’Neill.