What’s New... In such an unusual year, I’m finding that many people out there are still trying to figure out if now is the right time to make a move. I’d like to share with you a few thoughts for buyers who are sitting on the sidelines or sellers who are waiting to list.
1. Active buyers are more serious than ever before. People have spent the last 5 months realizing the inadequacies of their home. The buyers who are looking right now, in the middle of Covid-19, are very motivated to get a transaction done and take advantage of the historically low mortgage rates.
2. Price so that the market chases you up, not down. If you don’t price correctly, chances are buyers will not bid — and they may not even view.
3. We don’t know what the future holds. Don’t take this buyer demand for granted. This unprecedented year is far from over — the election and ongoing pandemic could freeze real estate activity again, making it harder to sell afterward. And if your home may require some home improvement services to shine, it’s time to take advantage of this moment when we know that contractors are still allowed inside the home.
1. It’s likely prices will go up because of inflation. After an unprecedented government stimulus, expect inflation sooner or later. Investing in real estate is a great hedge against that.
2. Interest rates are at historic lows — but don’t take that for granted. Requirements and rates will likely increase at some point.
3. There’s real value in comfort and security right now. What matters more to you: trying to time the bottom of the market, or finding the right home that’ll make you and your family feel comfortable and safe during this time?
4. Try to avoid the “wait and see” mentality. Nobody buys at the bottom — and knows it. Focus on quality as your priority: the best deal on the best match that meets your needs for years to come.
As always, if you'd like a more tailored look at how the market is playing out in your neighborhood, just let me know.
4 Bed | 3 Bath | $1,669,000 | Compass Listing
Breathtaking unobstructed views of Mt Diablo and San Ramon/Danville Valley! Desirable Alamo Creek with sought after floor plan offers 4 beds + loft, 3 baths & 3 car garage. Stunning home featuring hardwood floors, crown molding & extensive upgrades. Chef's kitchen with granite slab counters, travertine backsplash, large center island, 5-burner gas cooktop, cherry wood cabinetry, large pantry and a built-in desk. Formal dining room, Living room, Oversized family room, voluminous vaulted ceiling, upgraded cherry wood built-in media center, built-in surround sound, recessed lights. Enormous 70-foot deep landscaped backyard. Private downstairs bedroom and full bath. Large upstairs loft.
3 Bed | 2 Bath | $1,300,000 | Compass Listing
Tranquil location on a tree-lined street with hillside and Mt. Diablo views. Nearly 1/2 an acre with pool and covered patio area. Substantial renovations have been completed inside the home, with recently redone front entry steps and door, an updated kitchen including quartz countertops and eco-friendly cork flooring, while the hall bathroom has been completely redone with new vanity, countertops, flooring, and stylish tile shower. Beautiful dark hardwood floors can be found throughout the main level of the home. A staircase leads to a downstairs 200 sq ft bonus room with separate entry, not included in the listed square footage for the house, perfect for a home office. A large yard behind the home is a blank slate for your imagination.
5 Bed | 3 Bath | $2,068,000 | Compass Listing
Welcome to one of Stonegate's most amazing sought-after private view lots backing to protected open space! This home features 5 bedrooms and 3 baths, with 1 bedroom and 1 bath on the main level. The kitchen boasts granite counters with a large center island, custom tile backsplash, stainless-steel appliances and plenty of cabinet space. Large family room off the kitchen/dining area has paneled vaulted ceilings, speakers, a cozy gas fireplace, and built-in desk area. Luxurious master suite offers a gas fireplace and private balcony with stunning views! Many upgrades include hardwood flooring throughout the main level, crown moldings, 2 tone painting and recently added hardscape to the front walkway and pool deck areas. Step outside into the backyard oasis and you truly get the sense how special and rare this private lot is! Pool, spa, raised vegetable gardens, large grass area, firepit, chicken coop.
5 Bed | 5.5 Bath | $22,800,000 | Compass Listing
Welcome to Canardia, one of the most enchanting properties in all of Lower Woodside. This storybook residence boasts 7+ majestic acres of lush landscaping and serene gardens, including horse stables and its own private lake. The main residence includes 5BR and 5.5BA with over 7,000 sq. ft. of living space, including a gourmet chef's kitchen, game room, and large master bedroom wing. Perfect for entertaining guests, it includes a pool, pool house, fire pits, outdoor kitchen, gardens, and more. The property is a premiere equestrian estate zoned for 14+ horses with stables and box stalls. Minutes away from both Downtown Woodside and the Rosewood Sand Hill, the property is perfectly located in the middle of the SF Peninsula.
Covid-19 Posted Rules of Entry
© Compass 2020 ¦ All Rights Reserved by Compass ¦ Made in NYC
Compass is a real estate broker licensed by the State of California operating under multiple entities. License Numbers 01991628, 1527235, 1527365, 1356742, 1443761, 1997075, 1935359, 1961027, 1842987, 1869607, 1866771, 1527205, 1079009, 1272467. All material presented herein is intended for informational purposes only and is compiled from sources deemed reliable but has not been verified. Changes in price, condition, sale or withdrawal may be made without notice. No statement is made as to accuracy of any description. All measurements and square footage are approximate. Equal Housing Opportunity.